Melissa Ambrosini is an holistic health and life coach, writer, blogger, speaker and self-love teacher. Widely regarded as one of Australia’s foremost voices on women’s body image and relationship with food, Melissa is committed to helping women break down barriers and smash through negative beliefs.
Melissa was awarded Top Women’s Empowerment Blog for 2012, by the Psychology of Eating. She is the head and the heart behind Path To Wellness, one of the country’s leading health and lifestyle blogs and has most recently launched her brand new book 12 Steps To Wellness. The ACN sat down with this talented woman to share her views of business from an exceptional holistic background.
1. Why is it important that woman succeed in business?
I think it’s important that women feel they have ‘succeeded’ in everything they do. When women have a purpose and are doing what they love, they will always be successful.
2. Do women bring to business something men don’t?
I believe we are all equal. We all bring beautiful and different things to business. The skills men and women bring to business really complement each other.
3. What motivates you to succeed?
Doing what I love which is helping and supporting people.
4. What advice do you have for women hesitant about their own abilities?
Trust in yourself. Believe that you can do it and that you have all the answers within you.
5. Do women do enough to help other women in business?
In my community yes! We are always helping, inspiring, and supporting each other. If your community isn’t doing that then find one that is. It’s very important that you surround yourself with like-minded, beautiful souls.
6. What top tip would you give to a woman trying to get ahead?
Do what’s true for you. Find your passion and live your purpose.
7. In your field do you see a culture change-taking place?
Absolutely! More and more people are doing what they love, sharing their passion, following their hearts, starting their dream biz and taking that leap. It’s awesome!
8. Who inspires you and why?
My friends and partner constantly inspire me. I surround myself with beautiful people who are always striving and wanting to do great things and be the best persons they can be.
9. Can you celebrate your own success?
I think you must celebrate you success in everything you do—big or small.
10. Is the question “Can women have it all?” an excellent question, an offensive question, or just old hat?
Just old hat! I believe not just women but everyone can have it all. I do!
11. What do you feel the role of the Australian Government is in supporting women who want to succeed in business?
I have never thought about it to be honest. I just do what I love.
12. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Doing what I love, helping people, writing books, speaking around the world, surrounded by my beautiful family.
13. Quote that inspires you?
Be the change you wish to see in the world – Ghandi